This one-day professional course for beginners will cover nail care of the feet, including filing, shaping, cuticle work, massage and applying polish.
This course is an excellent basis from which to take further advanced nail training, such as our Gel Polish course.
On completion, you will earn a fully accredited certificate and be able to offer clients luxury manicures and pedicures.
- Health & safety
- Anatomy and physiology of the nail
- Contra indication and diseases and disorders
- Consultation with clients
- Filing and cuticle work
- Foot massage techniques
- Exfoliation and mask
- Applying nail polish
- Products and equipment knowledge
- Aftercare advice
Course structure & requirements
- This course runs over one day from 10am – 4pm with a short break for lunch. We ask students to arrive at 9.45am to ensure a prompt start.
- Students should wear black clothing or salon wear and flat footwear. Longer hair should be tied back.
We will provide you with a comprehensive training manual.
- We cover theory in the morning and then spend the majority of the day practising the treatments.
- Students will work on each other, so nails should be clean and ready to work on i.e. no gel or acrylic nails.
- There will be assessments at the end of the day by one of our tutors.
- On successful completion you will be issued with a certificate that is fully accredited by the Association of Beauty Therapists (ABT).
Please bring your own lunch. Refreshments will be supplied, please let us know any dietary requirements in advance. There is free parking available.